Menu

Combat targeting buggy

Nespustí se? Padá? Pište sem.
Příspěvekod Deadboss » stř 29. led 2014 10:29:41 » Combat targeting buggy
Forgive the English, World of Gothic seems to be dead and this is the only active forum about Gothic that I could find. Hopefully google can translate this for you into something understandable.

When you try to change targets in combat, and an enemy is running towards you, if you move the mouse to try to target a new enemy they will all divert and completely miss you. This is a very old bug that I assumed would be fixed, but running the latest patch from steam did not fix this (2.7 I believe it is).

Trying to google this bug and I get no hits at all... kind of odd. Do you guys know what I am talking about? Is there any sort of fix to this, or is it something people have learnt to live with? I can make a video if you need more clarification.

Thank you for your help, and again, sorry for the English tainting your forums. :oops:
Deadboss
Nováček

Příspěvekod Emperor » stř 29. led 2014 18:18:57 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
Deadboss píše:if you move the mouse to try to target ...

I hardly can understand your problem, because I and I suppouse most of Gothic-players don´t use mouse for playing, but keys to control your combat ...

Deadboss píše: I can make a video if you need more clarification.

It would be good idea, I think :D

Sorry for my English :wink:
Emperor
Moderátor GOTHICZ.NET fóra

Příspěvekod N0n3 » stř 29. led 2014 18:36:47 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
I don't really know what you're talking about, and it's not because i don't understand you, just i've never really heard about this bug (and I'm a mouse player myself) so a video would be helpful
Thenns. I fucking hate Thenns.
N0n3
Uživatel

Příspěvekod Deadboss » čtv 30. led 2014 1:28:27 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
Hi there guys, I have uploaded a video here

This is basically achieved by moving your aim left/right as they swing. Very reproducible. Works on any monster or human that does running attacks (goblins, orcs, scavengers, etc.)

Emperor píše:I hardly can understand your problem, because I and I suppouse most of Gothic-players don´t use mouse for playing, but keys to control your combat ...

I tried keyboard only, still has the effect.

Thanks!
Deadboss
Nováček

Příspěvekod N0n3 » čtv 30. led 2014 15:56:05 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
definitely a bug, they shouldn't be doing this... i suggest reinstalling the game (if you haven't tried already) because chances are it's gonna fix it...
N0n3
Uživatel

Příspěvekod Emperor » čtv 30. led 2014 19:45:47 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
NOn3 - hele, já teda ani z toho videa nepochopil, co má přesně za problém, je to něco se zaměřením nepřítele?
Emperor

Příspěvekod Dolero » čtv 30. led 2014 19:52:00 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
Hmm a nemyslí tím bugem třeba to, že ty postavy kolem něho běhají? :D
Dolero
Templář

Příspěvekod N0n3 » čtv 30. led 2014 19:53:54 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
prostě na něj běží nepřátel výpadem vpřed a on když v tom běhu na někoho zaměří (klikne na něj) tak se všichni otočej kousavym dozadu...
N0n3
Uživatel

Příspěvekod Emperor » čtv 30. led 2014 19:59:06 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
Já nemám s hraním pomocí myši žádnou zkušenost, ale mám pocit, že při kliknutí by postavu seknul a ne jen zaměřil ... oni mu tam blbnou, když couvne, aspoň mi to tak přijde ...
Emperor

Příspěvekod N0n3 » čtv 30. led 2014 22:00:03 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
ne, když klikneš a držíš, tak zaměříš, a potom musíš ještě zmáčknout W,A nebo D (protože kdyby stačilo jen klikat tak jak by jsi potom dělal různý útoky a ne jen jeden)
N0n3
Uživatel

Příspěvekod Deadboss » čtv 06. úno 2014 9:55:30 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
Hey so I tried to reinstall the game, did not help. Non3- are you running the English version or a different one?
Deadboss
Nováček

Příspěvekod Milhaus » čtv 06. úno 2014 11:25:07 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
N0n3 píše:ne, když klikneš a držíš, tak zaměříš, a potom musíš ještě zmáčknout W,A nebo D (protože kdyby stačilo jen klikat tak jak by jsi potom dělal různý útoky a ne jen jeden)

to záleží, jestli máš nastaveno Ovládání gothic1. Pokud ano, tak tlačítkem zaměřuješ a šipkami sekáš. Pokud ne, pak tlačítky rovnou sekáš. Myslím ale, že to nejspíše nebude ten problém, který on řeší, ač úplně nevím, co přesně řeší a v čem přesně má problém.
Milhaus
Zasloužilý člen fóra

Příspěvekod N0n3 » čtv 06. úno 2014 22:32:27 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
Deadboss píše:Hey so I tried to reinstall the game, did not help. Non3- are you running the English version or a different one?

im running the version for G2 Gold, i think thats english 2.7
N0n3
Uživatel

Příspěvekod Kristi » čtv 20. úno 2014 13:07:05 » Re: Combat targeting buggy
Hey, sorry for a quite late answer, but I only noticed your topic now so I hope you're still here. First of all, welcome to our little community. We don't have many foreign guests so it's great you're here :)

Quite frankly, I've always had this "bug" to the point I've started to consider it as a feature, like our dear nameless hero is "dodging" the enemies' attacks and the developers just weren't able to implement it properly into the game but now that you've pointed it out... I'm really not sure anymore :)

As for the solution, do you have any of the IronKeep community patches? I don't have them but they're supposed to fix many errors so you could try... Otherwise, I don't know, I guess many players take this for granted, a feature of the combat AI, like I myself did, and modders perhaps can't/don't want to fix it :) it actually reminded me of another "feature"/bug but this one is really well known... When something is about to hit you, you can just take one little step backwards and NH just dodges all damage, even though on the screen it might not look so.
if i hadn't buried my feelings so deep that they only come up when i watch stepmom, i would totally be tearing up right now
Kristi
Uživatel